What is your favourite Alien film?

Wednesday 20 July 2011

The BOX OFFICE BIGGUNS

The vast majority of the biggest grossing films of all time I actually really dislike. Avatar was beautiful and awe-inspiring, but storyline and dialogue wise it was pretty crap. Titanic another of James Camerons babies was more style than substance, and the love story lacked pinache. Pirates Of the Caribean is probably my most disliked film franchise, (except maybe the Twilight saga) but yet it entertains the masses. Is it me or is the "masses" really dumb?

The Pirates movies have slid downhill since the first one. Johnny Depp's character may have been a saving grace once, but four times not so much. Though with great effects and some slightly intuguing storylines, pirates is at times non sensicle and utter hollywood fodder that I couldn't get on board with.

Other big hitters I have enjoyed more, The Dark Knight is utterly brilliant as is Toy Story 3, anf though not my cup of tea The Lord of Rings are well made films. And I do love the Harry Potter series even if the quality of the films varies.

So why do people cue and pay shit loads of money on films that aren't really all that great. I think the next big hitter will be Dark Knight Rises, which I am eagerly anticipating. And Deathly Hallows Part 2 looks set to be another film that breaks the 1 billion dollars margin. But lets make the next Kings Speech type film number 1 shall we.

No comments:

Post a Comment