What is your favourite Alien film?

Thursday 28 July 2011

What is your Favourite Film?

What is your favourite film? Now I literally cannot answer this question. I love so many different films for different occasions. Such as if I want a feel good film I'll watch Transamerica or American Pie. If Iwant to be thrilled I'll watch Hard Candy or The Dark knight. For whatever reasons I find it hard to determne what my "Favourite" film is. I therefore Have 10 films that I put into my top 10. A list I had to think long and hard about, And I go through each 1 as to why its a contender for my favourite film. My the best one win.

American Beauty- I've always said this is my favourite film. Its a darkly funny, and beutifully shot film with a harsh reality behind it. One that sums up suberbia. Why do I like this film so much is that it never drags, it appeals to my sence of humour and it always manages to shock and enthrall me. And its all done in such a beautifully neat package.
Film 10/10 Acting 10/10 Writing 10/10 Direction 10/10 Average 10

Transamerica- I have seen this film so much its ridiculous, but I always can watch it again. Its so charming and funny, and with a depth to it that never stretches to melodrama which I hate. Felicity Huffman is pretty incredible in this film as well, she was robbed of the oscar. Reese Witherspoon give it back.
Film 10/10 Acting 10/10 Writing 9/10 Direction 8/10 Average 9.25

Strictly ballroom- Another film I've seen a lot. Strictly Ballroom captures my imagination and moves at such a brisk speed you can only get swept up in it. Its not to everyones taste, but it truly is a stunning piece of work.
Film  10/10 Acting 10/10 Writing 8/10 Direction 10/10 Average 9.5

Alien- My all time favourite horror movie. The slow beginning can get a touch tiresome after repeat watches, but I simply love everything about it. Its design, the acting, the direction. Its this film that inspires me to be a director and one that I will always defend and love.
Film 9/10 Acting 10/10 Writing 9/10 Direction 10/10 Average 9.75

A League of their own- This film is something that has always stayed with me over years. Its such a light hearted romp that I never get bored of watching it. Its a great emsemble of actors and the old school newsreels add something fresh and fun to the mix. Its a film I have watched more times than I'd care to admit, and I'll probably double that number in the years to come. I don't care I love it!
Film 8/10 Acting 8/10 Writing 8/10 Direction 8/10 Average 8

Star Wars IV: A New Hope- This is sci fi at its all time best. There's not much more to say other than its incredible. Its historic, the story and the film will live on forever.
Film 10/10 Acting 9/10 Writing 9/10 Direction 10/10 Average 9.5

Inglorious Basterds- My favourite Tarantino movie. I love the time its set, the direction, the humour, the idea. I'm just sad I didn't come up with it myself. So many styles are mixed into this film and its such a thrill ride. Its one I can't watch too often, but everytime I do I love it that bit more.
Film 10/10 Acting 10/10 Writing 10/10 Direction 10/10 Average 10

Desperately Seeking Susan- I can watch this so many times. As a life long Madonna fan it is unsurprising this make my top ten. But I can just watch it over and over again. Its so much fun and they never make movies like this anymore.
Film 7/10 Acting 7/10 Writing 7/10 Direction 7/10 Average 7

Erin Brockovich- This film is so inspiring to me. Being brought up by my mum single handedly, I can see the hard ships this woman comes by. Its a story that never gets old to me. And one that never stop being funny or charming.
Film 10/10 Acting 10/10 Writing 10/10 Direction 10/10 Average 10

The Dark Knight- This is how action movie should be done. Its so exciting and thrilling, Dark Knight is the very essence of great film making. Their are several scenes that are so good, that just putting one or two of them in another film could have made it knock out. Its one twist, one turn after another. In short this is bloody brilliant.
Film 10/10 Acting 10/10 Writing 10/10 Direction 10/10 Average 10

So which is my favourite? Well it is hard thing to say, but in looking at the facts I'll say my favourite is well a tie between The Dark Knight, Erin Brockovich, Inglorious Basterds and American Beauty. Not helping matters.

But I will pick one. And I'm going for .... A League Of Their Own. Though with only an average of 8/10 actually the second lowest I feel I have to put it at the top of me list. So Whats your favourite Movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment